WE ARE YOU!!

Please come let us reason my precious one. Come and hear me pour out my heart!  What is your identity?  What is your purpose?  What is the reason why you breathe? Each and every one of us has the freedom to do the things we wish to do!  Go the places we desire to, keep the friends we want to and engage in any business we feel is worth our efforts. If you want to play now and work later or work now and play later; that choice is yours to make. What you have is freedom and the right to exercise it.  To say what you like, when you like, to whoever you feel like. But do not allow this freedom to deceive you. As a friend of mine would have me say; "we are you!".  Your freedom is our freedom.  Your actions is our actions, your friends become our friends your enemies our enemies. The benefits of what you do today is for us and the consequences is also ours to bear. For such is the burden of ties. As my wife and as my husband as my brother and as my sister,  as a friend

CIVILIAN'S ;a son's tale (1)

...Dressed in my tight jean pants and a shirt With my jacket hanging across my arm still fresh out of rehab 21 gruelling days in that dungeon you'll think I'd learn a thing or two. If anyone had told me I would stay that long without my stuff I would have laughed them to scorn but here I was alive, sober and healthier for it. I couldn't help reflecting back to that fateful Tuesday weeks ago when dad barged into my room only to find me sniffing my stuff, he had burst into a mad fist of rage I've never witnessed before I'd heard him stutter and talk so fast at the same time in such quick successions that it was quite difficult to comprehend anything he said, what followed was predictable in any core african setting, a slap with the force of a blow hit me hard on my right cheek momentarily jolting me back to the reality of the situation. Cuz I had been so well engrossed with the act playing out before me, that I stayed glued to the spot observing the vibrations of his saliva laden lips which sort of complimented the dance like sway of his body that in my opinion was in sync with his shrill voice. Now my normal self would have fled the room as any erring son should or at least put a reasonable distance between me and the man who had gone hysterical with good reason, but with my senses abscent I had remained transfixed, staring at my dad whose eyes swoll with tears that refused to fall, and a dark redness I should have recognized but didn't until that very moment when his large palm landed on my cheeks so heavily it would have knocked me out if I wasn't already "out" so instead of that it actually brought me back and instinctively I knew I should be on the run so I made a go for It; however, I only managed two miscalculated steps when my buckling knees gave way and I slumped on the glass table which shattered on impact as I hit the floor. For reasons I still cannot comprehend I mumbled the words "peach".  And was in the process of  drawing my hand from under me when I passed out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

training naked with heels

what exactly is life

A perspective on the agitation for Biafra