WE ARE YOU!!

Please come let us reason my precious one. Come and hear me pour out my heart!  What is your identity?  What is your purpose?  What is the reason why you breathe? Each and every one of us has the freedom to do the things we wish to do!  Go the places we desire to, keep the friends we want to and engage in any business we feel is worth our efforts. If you want to play now and work later or work now and play later; that choice is yours to make. What you have is freedom and the right to exercise it.  To say what you like, when you like, to whoever you feel like. But do not allow this freedom to deceive you. As a friend of mine would have me say; "we are you!".  Your freedom is our freedom.  Your actions is our actions, your friends become our friends your enemies our enemies. The benefits of what you do today is for us and the consequences is also ours to bear. For such is the burden of ties. As my wife and as my husband as my brother and as my sister,  as a friend

A letter to mum (3)

     **********

... More often than not love sets the mind into confusion such that it is unable to continue pursuing an established routine,  like the skydiver who heartily plunges to the earth for a few minutes of adrenaline. Sometimes, the pursuit of happiness is in itself more rewarding than the happiness we sought. Let's imagine I fall in love, I fall In love with a lady, I'll have to deal with some questions dat are difficult to answer, for I can already visualize the elders peer at me over the rim of those pale glasses with their heads tilted forward so their jaws touch their collar bones and the skin on their necks fold in disciplined wrinkles, who is she? where is she from? These questions would follow like a hungry cheetah follows prey! But they are not alone because my hallowed friends would talk.. they'll ask what happened to Daniella, to joy, Funke, nkem, and Grace they'll like to know if they were merely  forerunners paving the path for my spousal salvation or not! but time itself solves the paradox for the moment my parachute opens all momentum dies with the wind.
I will always love, but there comes a time in our lives when we must accept the  bitter inevitability of those events that shape our lives, and  today is one such day. Mama my countenance remains gloomy betraying the smile that crosses my face, I search for words which cannot redeem the injustice in letting her go but sadly I know she  must. Dear moma if this too has passed ..perhaps I can never get married..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

training naked with heels

A perspective on the agitation for Biafra